Galations 6:15
Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation.
First when I read this I was reminded that circumcision is a physical reflection of a spiritual principal but man will always put a natural/worldly perspective on it which Paul was trying to correct.
Subject: The act of Circumcision
Physically: The flesh is cut away to reveal what is hidden. What is under the flesh is more sensitive and more satisfying. If the flesh is not cut away it is more difficult to keep clean, higher risk of being unclean and subject to infections.
Worldly: The Jewish believers followed the law of circumcision. They thought that if they were good and following the law it would give them honor before God, they are flat wrong, God detests that kind of thinking. The Law is to show us the corrupt condition of our heart that we may compare it to the goodness of God and how we could never measure up. The law condemns! Jesus came that we would not have to live according to the law but according to God's GRACE, and that is Good News!
Spiritually: Believers are to cut away and separate themselves from world views, all their fleshly compulsions and demands and from all sin that leads to bondage. This is done in order to reveal the spirit beneath the flesh which is a more sensitive and more satisfying life. This spirit is given to us and is how we are made in God's image. This spirit allows us to receive thoughts only the Spirit of God can reveal to us through the meditation on God's word; this awesome process creates a new man within each believer.
In this verse the Lord was telling me to quit looking at my failures (the law) but look to Him and He will tell me the truth. He wants to tell me how things work in His kingdom. To cut away everything I now know,have been taught, all my fears and rejections of the past (circumcision). Then He who created me can tell me the truth about myself and how to live according to His kingdom which is our home. I read or hear the Word, then I do it and truth comes to enlighten me and only then do I have strength to walk away from this world that is so entangled in the bondage to sin. All sins are lies and have tremendous power over us, but when the light of truth shines upon them, sin (lies) loose their sting and their power of bondage is demolished.
As with the Lord, He wasn't finished with me yet. Thursday morning He was still talking to me about all of this. I have a very hard time with NOT doing the things I know I should be doing, laundry, exercise, eating right. I continually condemn myself and walk in a lot of frustration about it. I always feel that God will not bless me until I get a handle on these things.Then the Lord reminded me that He is made strong in my weakness and that His grace is sufficient.
As I thought about that... in God's grace He smiles upon me as I struggle (grace at its best), He has accepted me as His child and He is there as I struggle, He is always loving me, always thinking the best of me and will suffer long for me. In these times of frustration I can go to Him and be comforted and be encouraged to get up and try again. He is my heavenly Father and I am His child. That I am under Grace and not under the Law. He won't give up on me because He loves me and I love Him. Isn't that awesome.
Through my daily walk with Him.. there are twists and turns... challenges... most unexpected... but with faith they will have awesome outcomes.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Living in Grace
Posted by Lenar at 11:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment