Through my daily walk with Him.. there are twists and turns... challenges... most unexpected... but with faith they will have awesome outcomes.

Friday, December 5, 2008

The Word Speaks

Abraham has been the star teacher in my life this week:

  1. God told him to leave his family and go to a foreign land (blind folded) with the Lord leading him. There is a definite parallel with Dan leaving for Bagdad. We have a promise but we must walk in complete dependence on Him.
  2. God made a promise to Abraham and Sarah that they would be the parents of a nation yet at age 90 +/- they still had no children. It is for us to believe and not to wavier. If we give into doubt the enemy comes to wreck havoc as did when Abraham bore Ishmael by his maid servant when him and Sarah became impatient, we are still paying for that oops-a-daisy, remember 9-11 (Ishmael's family!) Dispite their bad judgement, God still kept His word in regards to Issac. God always keeps his promises no matter what, however we can hinder them or frustrated them.
  3. God asked Abraham to sacrifice his beloved son Issac. Abraham was obedient because knew God personally and trusted God character with complete confidence. (Notice confidence in God doesn't necessarily mean that emotions do not exist, we choose to live by Faith in God and not our emotions). God is always working, leading, guiding and bringing us into a place of surrender. We have no control over our loved ones but we believe in God to work things out for the good because he promised to do so. God stopped Abraham from taking Issac's life and provided another sacrifice. I realized that I was holding on to my life (Dan) as I know it now and that I have to give up the idea of what our life is now, so that something new can come. This is tough, I am doing better but I still cry over it!

Then there is Mary, Noah and Jesus ...

  1. When the angel Gabriel came to tell Mary about the blessing of a baby. She simply responded "So be it as according to Your word Lord". Then she pondered it in her heart. I find so much joy in pondering God's word and then suddenly a thought gives birth to God's character and his kingdom principals and peace and joy begins to flow.
  2. Noah not only pondered Gods message, he took action. Again like Abraham who knew God personally, and took God for His word and never waivered no matter how much he was mocked and ridiculed by the people. He and his family were saved from drowning.
  3. Then there is the ultimate... Jesus! He told Peter who was "consoling Him" about having to die and Jesus told Peter "Satin get away from me for you are a stumbling block to me". We cannot let fear interfere with God's directions even if it means we must suffer a terrible death. For me death is my husband being in a foreign country. I am not afriad of tears or sadness and I will not let them determine what direction I take in this life. I will keep my eyes on God, believe and not waiver, do without complaint. And when this season of time is over, the chains that held us captive will be loosened and we will walk in the freedom God promises to those who love Him and obey Him.

The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender. Proverbs 22:7

"Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law." Romans 13:8

"In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish man devours all he has." Proverbs 21:20

"The plan of the diligent lead surely to plenty, but those of everyone who is hasty, surely to poverty." Proverbs 21:5

"Dishonest money dwindles away, but he who gathers money little by little makes it grow." Proverbs 13:11

"The blessings of the Lord makes one rich, and He adds no sorrow with it." Proverbs 10:22

Lord let me live my life on my knee continually praising You, seeking You and following You and that I may come along side of You in Your work, that I may not hinder nor frustrated Your plans in our lives. Let me be obedient to Your every word. When I need help let me cry out to You to meet my need. Father protect my husband while he is away and my children, guide and direct them in all their ways. In Jesus I pray, Amen.

0 comments:

Followers

Blog Archive