Through my daily walk with Him.. there are twists and turns... challenges... most unexpected... but with faith they will have awesome outcomes.

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Me in Gods View

Today Pastor Dennis spoke on Colossians, it was great. The weird thing is I just watched this sermon by Jack Hayford it’s a five part series on Colossians. I watched the 06/27/07 sermon again today and took notes in great detail. God is so good. He always answers, I always wait on Him and he has yet to fail me in giving me what I need.

I’ve been struggling with personal repeating offenses / failures. Knowing that my behavior is wrong yet not really knowing how to change it. I didn’t know how I could keep going to God and asking for forgiveness knowing full well that I had not been spiritually delivered to prevent the same things from happening over and over again in the future. My soul has been downcast for about a week now.

This sermon below the 06/27/07 Pre-position for Confidence hit it on the head for me. You may already know all this but I hope you don’t mind if I share it with you anyhow. This is what I received: When we commit “really commit” our life to Christ, allowing Him to be Lord over us, God then chooses to view us in the same way He views His Son, Jesus Christ, in fellowship, closeness, absolute purity, absolute wonder, absolute splendor. However, God is not stupid, He knows that we are not all of that, but while we are growing, He accepts us at our functional level, He is not cautious or reluctant to love us, He will not forsake us.

God wants clarity to come on what He has said and not on what we feel. He does not relate to us based on what we deserve, this is a decision He has made, which can not be changed. Knowing that God views us this way, breaks the back of the power of uncertainty and fear and recognizes our pre-position in Christ, in order to know His Love and Acceptance.

When we accept Christ / Messiah, we step into the reality of the invisible and receive the anointing of the Holy Spirit that brings us along. God chooses to love us AS His Son, while Christ is growing us unto becoming. By mirroring the love He has shown us (Romans 5:5) the love of God is poured into us, and we are beginning to recognize how to love others.

The second part of my personal struggle was that I was running in fear from something I need to deal with. Somehow during this morning’s service I realized that I was under the bondage of fear, and so long as I reside there, my mind is tied up and not available to the Holy Spirit. I am encouraged to cast off fear, deal with this thing ASAP so I could quickly get back to living in the Spirit. In Jack Hayford’s sermon he stated that the essence of God is Love and love casts out all fear. Fear is the only innate human emotion we have and God recognizes that He has to account for it. Fear and Love do not co-exist.

The third part of my personal struggle which is how to discipline my children without anger and frustration; I can’t say I have mastered that one but recognizing and understanding that fear based discipline is not the way to go. Stick to truth through love with accountability. Well, that’s all I have on that. Have to try that on for awhile to see if I’m missing something. The great news is God’s love is being poured into me and He will never forsake me as I grow through this process, and am being renewed into His mirror image, and share in the confidence that He will finish what He has started in me. AMEN!!!!

0 comments:

Followers

Blog Archive